New England College is committed to the transformational learning of all students. We seek imaginative, caring, entrepreneurial and energetic faculty skilled in directing efforts to develop our students’ full potential. The successful candidate will be sensitive to different learning styles and be committed to engaged and experiential learning. The ability to teach across disciplines is essential. As one of the ten founding members of Project Pericles, New England College is strongly committed to civic engagement as a central focus of our educational programs. Qualifications for faculty positions include a commitment to a liberal arts education within an academically and culturally diverse college student population. Candidates should have experience teaching at the college level, feel comfortable working with students of varying educational needs and have the desire to develop their areas of scholarship.
Full-timeAssociate Dean of Education Division
Fall 2015Foreign Languages | Mandarin & Arabic
Start Date: July/August 2015
New England College seeks applicants for the position of Associate Dean of the Education Division. The Associate Dean oversees undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education programs in education and related fields (including undergraduate Education majors and concentrations, Outdoor Leadership; Kinesiology, a Master of Education, several CAGS programs, a Master of Science in Higher Education Administration, and a Doctor of Education program, with concentrations in K-12 Education and Higher Education Administration, along with other programs), with an emphasis on academic excellence, experiential learning, and commitments to our civic and natural environments.
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Associate Dean works with the Dean of Graduate Programs and the Dean of Academic Services, as well as collaborates with the Associate Deans of the Arts and Humanities, Management, and Natural and Social Sciences divisions.
This is a full-time, 12-month administrator contract with faculty rank.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Faculty management and assessment including professional development;
- Budget management;
- Professional development management;
- Coordination of all accreditation activities and data collection in the Division;
- Coordination of assessment processes related to the programs within the Division;
- Supervision of development new programs, courses and the scheduling process for all graduate and undergraduate courses in the Division, including on campus, off-campus, online, and low-residency;
- Curriculum development and innovation;
- Participation in marketing and enrollment initiatives with the Vice President of Enrollment and Admissions staff;
- Supervision of Program Directors;
- Collaborative work with Associate Division Deans, supporting the Vice President for Academic Affairs, and other stakeholders in advancing the mission and strategic goals of the College.
- Doctorate degree in Education
- Successful record of teaching experience in graduate and /or undergraduate programs, including on campus and online
- At least three years of experience in administration and academic leadership or equivalent experience
- Experience seeking and managing external grants
- Evidence of successful academic planning and implementation, program development and evaluation and personnel and budget management
- Proven record of teaching, scholarship and service consistent with the mission of NEC
The successful candidate must have background in literacy or special education as well as experience as a Dean and Director of Teacher Certification.
The individual selected for this position will work closely with the current Associate Dean of Education and Director of Teacher Certification and Field Placements for the 2014-2015 academic year while teaching classes and supervising students in the field, and will then transition into the Associate Dean of Education position. He/she will take an active role in various state organizations associated with teacher preparation, assist with ETS and NH DOE reporting, developing reports for reaccreditation and other administrative duties while helping the college maintain and further develop its reputation for helping students become highly effective teachers.
Email a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae (including contact information of at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Top
NOTE: Course offering is contingent on enrollment.
New England College seeks Part-Time Lecturers to teach the following Foreign Language courses during the Fall 2015 semester on our Henniker campus:
- AB 1110 Beginning Arabic I – This course emphasis is on oral practice, review of basic linguistic structure, and reading and writing to develop an active command of the language. Designed for those whose study of Arabic has been interrupted for a significant amount of time and for those who have had only two years of high school Arabic or no previous experience.
- MCH 1110 Beginning Mandarin I – This course emphasis is on oral practice and conversational Mandarin. This course will introduce the basic linguistic structure and basic reading and writing to develop strong foundation for the language. Designed for those whose study of Mandarin Chinese has been interrupted for a significant amount of time and for those who have had only two years of high school Mandarin Chinese or no previous experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage all students to facilitate and achieve course learning outcomes
- Review and grade all work submitted by students and provide timely and substantive feedback
- Coach struggling students toward success
- Work with course and other lab instructors
- Master’s degree related to the subject area being taught
- Proven record of teaching effectiveness
- Professional experience in respective field (preferred)
Email a cover letter, resume, and names/addresses/telephone numbers of at least three teaching references to AHDIVISIONsearch@nec.edu. Please include the Course Number/Name in the Subject line of your email.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Top