Develop advanced leadership skills through New England College’s Master of Science (MS) in Management – Strategic Leadership (MSSL) Degree program. This online degree program is designed to further your knowledge of key leadership elements including problem solving, effective communication, motivation of employees and negotiation. Learning is fostered through a collaborative and flexible online environment that encourages a multidisciplinary approach to leadership and management. In less than 2 years, you can dive into an exciting career leading organizations through development and transformational change.
New England College’s Master of Science in Management – Strategic Leadership degree is led by professors and faculty with relevant experience in strategic leadership theory and its relevant application. The course design allows for students to take 2 courses per 7 week term to fully engage in the curriculum at hand. Through this online degree program, you can further your career in senior management by developing advanced strategic leadership skills by examining leadership behavior, leadership theory and practice and organizational dynamics in management.
- Explore common leadership behaviors and behaviors of teams and learn how to manage personalities and foster motivation and success.
- Refine effective communication, problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills as they relate to leadership in a diverse global organization.
- Develop advanced knowledge in theory and practice of traditional and contemporary leadership theories, including the evolution of leadership and the development of new leaders.
- Delve into the economics of leadership and how economics plays into strategic planning, decision making and motivation.
- Learn how best to lead organizations and multicultural teams in today’s global economy.
- Develop advanced understanding of project management and professional ethics and how they related to positions of leadership.
- Through case studies, industry research and joint ventures, increase awareness and knowledge in strategic planning.
Core Requirements for MSM
- MG 5110 – Organizational Management and Leadership
- MG 6040 – Research Methods (2cr)
- MG 6610 – Strategic Planning and Policy
- MG 6410 – Professional and Organizational Ethics: A Global Perspective
- MG 6975 – Strategic Capstone (2cr)
Strategic Leadership Concentration
- AC 5250 – Managerial Accounting and Finance for Leadership
- MG 5210 – Organizational Development and Leading Change
- MG 5310 – Marketing Management
- MG 5410 – Organizational Communication, Negotiations & Conflict Resolution
- MG 5610 – Economics for Leadership
- MG 6110 – Project Management
- MG 6830 – Strategic Human Resource Management*
*Not required in the fully online program.
1.866.817.2226 (U.S. and Canada)