Accounting | On-Campus
Master of Science in Accounting
New England College’s Master of Science in Accounting (MSA) is a 40-credit, on-campus program designed to help you expand your breadth and depth of knowledge in taxation, financial reporting, cost accounting, auditing, mergers and acquisitions. As a result, you will be prepared for careers in auditing and risk management, corporate accounting, management consulting, banking and financial services, governmental and nonprofit organizations, and taxation practices.
Based on the functional, personal and broad business competencies identified by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the MSA program satisfies the 150-hour requirement for the CPA examination in most states. It also helps you prepare for other professional certification programs such as Certified Management Accountant (CMA), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA).
As a result of completing this program, students will have the following AICPA core competency skillset:
- Decision Modeling: can consider issues, identify alternatives, choose and implement solutions;
- Risk Analysis: can identify and manage audit risk and understand how business risk affects business strategy;
- Measurement: can use traditional and non-traditional measures that are relevant and reliable;
- Reporting: can communicate clearly, objectively, and in accordance with professional standards;
- Research: can access, analyze, and apply relevant guidance and information;
- Strategic Thinking: can link data, knowledge, and insight to provide recommendations and make sound decisions;
- Legal: can describe and apply the legal, regulatory, and ethical requirements of the profession.
New England College
School of Graduate and Professional Studies
98 Bridge Street
Henniker, NH 03242