Engineering Project Management | MS
New England College’s Master of Science in Engineering Project Management program provides engineering professionals with the proven leadership and technical skills needed for today’s rapidly changing global environment. The curriculum is designed so that engineers can leverage the technical skills learned in school and on the job with a program designed to turn out leaders who can manage project based upon their understanding of organizational dynamics, the process of managing people, strategic management, and financial and accounting skills.
Because of the program’s focus, this 40-credit Masters can be completed in a year for those taking it full time. The course delivery and structure are specifically designed for working professionals to make the most efficient use of time and to optimize the learning experience.
This program is designed for the engineering student or practicing engineer to successfully transition into the management of engineering projects and the management of organizations. Our goal is to provide the knowledge and skills to become a successful manager who is at ease dealing with complex technical information and organizational issues. NEC’s Program will enable students to:
- Effectively communicate to a variety of stakeholders though a various forms of communications ranging from professional presentations to team meetings, from letters to complex documents.
- Apply management skills and concepts to identify, analyze, and creatively solve project-based and organizational problems.
- Apply leadership skills to lead interdisciplinary teams in a variety of situations.
- Utilize a broad “toolkit” of technical, statistical, financial, risk-assessment, legal, organization, and ethical tools to solve management problems.
- Be able to use financial and accounting information in the support of tactical and strategic decisions.
- Understand the managerial skills needed to manage complex projects to successful conclusions.
Master of Engineering Project Management Curriculum
Please see this programs course offerings, and requirements on our online catalog.