* Become familiar with U.S. Customs Rules and Declarations Policies.
* Most fresh fruit, vegetables, plants, and unprocessed foods are not allowed.
* Some souvenirs (such as a Cuban cigar) are not allowed. It wouldn’t be good to spend your money on souvenirs that you cannot bring into the U.S., so check before you bring them back home.
* Be prepared to answer questions about your trip, such as length of stay, reasons for going abroad, etc.
* Re-confirm flight reservations 2 weeks prior to leaving.
* Send itinerary home to family member.
* Notify Embassy/Consulate of your departure from the country. Do this upon arriving home. It would not be wise to inform them before you depart, in case of emergency.
* Tell everyone at New England College about your experience! Get other students excited to study abroad! It can be a life-changing experience.
* Fill out a post-abroad survey (available at the Office of Career & Life Planning).
* Speak on a student study abroad panel.