The following are expectations of all graduates of the Kinesiology Program:
1. Understand, evaluate and apply ethical principles (particularly
an ethic of care) in sport and movement contexts.
2. Demonstrate the ability to create, lead or facilitate a variety of
movement activities for a variety of participants.
3. Understand and facilitate the practice of moving with bodily or
4. Understand, articulate and apply mechanical principles to the
instruction of safe and efficient movement and the prevention of
5. Understand, articulate and apply anatomical and physiological
principles to the instruction of safe and efficient movement and
the prevention of injury.
6. Understand, articulate and apply the psychological principles
that inform health-supportive and effective movement practices,
including the ―positive coaching‖ of sports.
7. Understand, articulate, experience and apply the basic
principles of health-related fitness.
8. Understand, articulate and analyze the sociological
connections between sport and various societies in the US and
around the world.
9. Understand and articulate the needs of varied populations with
physical and mental challenges, and evaluate and create
modified programs in sport and physical activity.