FAQs | New England College
Contact Us Calendar Campus Map
Accepted Students Parents and Families Alumni Students, Faculty & Staff


Do I need to wait until filing my taxes to complete the FAFSA?

No need to wait. You may file your FAFSA with estimates and update it once your taxes are complete. We encourage you to file as early as possible. You may receive an adjusted financial aid award once the actual tax figures are entered.

Do I need to be admitted before I can apply for financial aid at New England College?

You may apply for financial aid any time after January 1. To actually receive funds, you must be admitted to a degree granting program at New England College.

What is New England College’s FAFSA code?

The school code for New England College is 002579.

What do I have to do to file for financial aid?

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

What is NEC’s priority deadline for filing for financial aid?

Our priority deadline is March 1.

I might not qualify for aid. Should I apply for aid anyway?

Yes. Many families mistakenly think they don’t qualify for aid and there are sources of aid such as the Unsubsidized Stafford loan and PLUS loan that are available regardless of need. We encourage everyone to apply.

Do I have to reapply for financial aid every year?

Yes, the FAFSA must be renewed annually. Your federal, state and New England College need-based aid is determined annually. Merit scholarships are renewable provided students meet the minimum requirements for the award.

What are the billing deadlines each semester?

The fall semester billing deadline is July 15. The spring semester billing deadline is December 15.

If you have more questions, please ask. We understand the process and are eager to help