Adult Students NEC Plus
Adult students who are applying for entry into New England College’s undergraduate bachelor programs may be eligible for the NEC Plus program if they are:
- at least 25 years of age AND one or more of the following:
- married, or with legal dependents other than a spouse
- and have not been enrolled at New England College for the past four years.
All NEC Plus students take courses along with the traditional undergraduate students at NEC. This discounted program offers courses at a much lower rate than the regular undergraduate programs at NEC (cost per credit information will be forthcoming). (NOTE: All fees are based on the 2015-16 academic year, with the rates for traditional undergraduate students detailed here).
Students admitted to NEC-Plus may take courses during the day or in the evening (limited), and may attend full- or part-time. There are only a few restrictions to this program:
1) Regular full-time students are given first priority in course selection.
2) Access to academic advising, support, and tutoring is limited; full-time traditional students are given first priority.
NEC Plus students are eligible for federal and state financial aid programs, provided they are enrolled at least half-time. The College does not award institutional scholarships or grants to NEC Plus students.
Applicants to the NEC Plus program must apply for admission and supply standard documentation: official transcripts, letter of recommendation, and personal essay. For further information, contact the Office of Admission by phone (603) 428-2223 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.