Campus Safety Officer
This part-time (20 hours per week) position provides for the safety and well being of students, faculty, staff and property through enforcement of college policies and procedures as well as supporting the Communications Center of the Campus Safety department (e.g., answering telephones, two-way radios).
Duties & Responsibilties:
- Perform routine patrols of on-campus buildings and the near off-campus areas;
- Respond to routine (e.g. safety escorts and transports, buidling let-ins, vehicle jump starts) and emergency (e.g. medical matters, fire alarms) calls for assistance;
- Conduct investigations and document violations of college policy and other events by producing written incident reports;
- Lock and unlock campus buildings and offices (as necessary);
- enforce parking policies through issuance of parking tickets and towing of autos when necessary;
- Handle routine and emergency traffic;
- Assist in the college's snow removal process by helping coordinate vehicular evacuations of lots designated for snow removal;
- Work closely with members of the local police and fire departments on matters of mutual concern relating to the safety of the campus community;
- Function in a multitask environment and answer routine, business and emergency phone calls from a multi-line phone(s);
- Answer routine and emergency radio traffic by communicating with officers, other departments and outside agencies;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to:
- Maintain confidential information
- Exercise sound judgement and work independently
- Multitask in often time stressful situations
- Availability and willingness to work a wide variety of shifts, including late night/early morning and weekend hours
- Valid driver’s license with favorable driving record
- High school diploma or GED
Please email a cover letter, resume and list of three references (name and contact information) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.