Reporting to the Lead Dispatcher, This position provides for the safety and well being of students, faculty, staff and property by supplementing the efforts of Campus Safety officers. This position operates the Communications Center of the Campus Safety department, including answering telephones, two-way radios and campus Blue Phones in oftentimes stressful situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function in a multitask environment and answer routine, business and emergency phone calls from a multi-line phone(s);
- Answer routine and emergency radio traffic by communicating with officers, other departments and outside agencies;
- Run Microsoft-based database applications to log all dispatch information & access computerized campus information to assist officer’s field efforts (e.g., campus motor vehicle records, student social records);
- Document activities/ actions of Campus Safety officers, including building opening and closing times, safety transports and escorts, building let-ins and other Campus Safety services;
- Monitor campus alarm systems and direct officers’ response;
- Notify local police and fire officials when necessary & monitor police/fire department scanner for activity occurring in local area;
- Serve as a receptionist/resource person for walk-ins needing information, directions or other types of customer service;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year previous experience preferred, not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous responsibilities
- Availability to work flexible shifts and hours
Submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references (names and contact information), and email it to: email@example.com.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.