Financial Aid Counselor
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Student Financial Services, this position supports the Office of Student Financial Services by providing information about student accounts, financial aid and payment options to prospective and current students and their families. The position also performs federal and institutional needs analysis and awards federal Title IV funds to a caseload of students according to federal and institutional guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform federal and institutional needs analysis, verify accuracy of information submitted on the FAFSA; award federal Title IV funds and institutional aid to eligible students;
• Maintain a working knowledge of federal financial aid regulations and related office policies and procedures;
• Perform high quality student service in the SFS office and at Campus events including, but not limited to, counseling students and parents on various financial aid options, budgeting, debt management and other issues relating to financing higher education;
• Execute Return to Lender procedures for all federal aid recipients who withdraw within a given term;
• Administer or back-up the Work Study Program;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree in Business or related field
• 1-3 years Financial Aid experience
• Strong customer service skills
• Knowledge of Financial Aid regulations
• Ability to multi-task and work in a time sensitive environment
Email a cover letter, resume, and list of three references (names and contact information) to: email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.