Nurse Practitioner (20 hours per week,nine month position)
This position treats students of New England College for common acute and chronic health issues. This individual is expected to provide care within the scope of practice of nurse practitioners in the state of New Hampshire. The nurse practitioner works in cooperation and collaboratively with the Co-coordinators of the Wellness Center, the Center’s Medical Director and the Wellness Center staff to provide clinical care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide services in accordance with the guidelines mutually agreed upon by the medical director, director of Wellness Center and the NH Nurse Practice Act.
• Consult in an appropriate and timely manner;
• Refer patients to physicians, NEC counselors, other health professionals, and health care facilities as necessary;
• Complete appropriate clinical documentation in medical records;
• Provide health education to individuals and groups on campus as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program
• Currently licensed in the state of New Hampshire as a nurse practitioner in one or more of the following fields: pediatrics, adult, family medicine, internal medicine or emergency medicine
• 2+ years experience as a nurse practitioner, preferably in related area such as college health, emergency care and/or pediatrics with a focus in young adult care
•Experience working with traditionally-aged college populations preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong clinical skills, including diagnosis, treatment, and preventative care
Email a cover letter, resume, and list of three references (names and contact information) to: email@example.com.
Review of application materials begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.