Online Adjunct Faculty (Bachelor of Arts)
New England College is in need of qualified instructors to add to our faculty pool for possible future teaching assignments. In particular, we are seeking candidates qualified to teach the following courses which are expected to launch online in Fall 2012:
• College Writing I & II
• Essential Mathematics I & II
• College Algebra
• Philosophy of Science
• Beginning Creative Writing
• Micro & Macro Economics
• World Geography
• History of Political Thought
• Introduction to Art and Art History
Each course will run for an intensive seven week term, with seven terms per year offered. The course content is fully developed for all courses and instructor roles include:
• Engage all students to facilitate and achieve course learning outcomes;
• Interact with students in all discussion boards, guiding the discussion toward the course outcomes;
• Review and grade all work submitted by students and provide timely and substantive feedback;
• Coach struggling students toward success;
• Submit final course grades.
Master's degree related to the subject area being taught is required and a recognized certification in the discipline is preferred. Preference will be given to those candidates who have a proven record of teaching effectiveness and professional experience in their respective fields. Online teaching experience is desired.
Email a letter of interest, current resume, list of courses taught, and three references (names and contact information) to: .
Review of application materials will continue on an ongoing basis.