Online Adjunct Faculty (Psychology)
New England College seeks adjunct faculty for current and future teaching assignments in our online undergraduate degree program in Psychology. NOTE: Courses run for an intensive seven week term, with seven terms per year offered. Course content is fully developed for all courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage all students to facilitate and achieve course learning outcomes;
- Interact with students in all discussion boards, guiding the discussion toward the course outcomes;
- Review and grade all work submitted by students and provide timely and substantive feedback;
- Coach struggling students toward success;
- Submit final course grades.
In addition, NEC expects all faculty to uphold to the following online teaching principles:
- Acknowledge and be mindful of the real-life obligations and special circumstances that adult learners face while still maintaining high standards and expectations;
- Provide frequent one-on-one interactions between a faculty member and students in the course (via postings, email, etc.) each week per student and/or extensive faculty posts on discussion boards - these interactions should be of substantive quality, not simple "good" or "not good" evaluations;
- Provide regular and frequent assignments that provide good assessment, and ongoing feedback in order to let students know early in a course if they are doing well or need to improve;
- Provide proactive outreach to students: the faculty member should attempt to reach each student within the first 3 days of a course as well as continually throughout the course, and to alert support staff - quickly - if a student falls behind.
- Master's degree related to the subject area being taught (recognized certification in the discipline is preferred)
- Proven record of teaching effectiveness
- Professional experience in respective field
- Online teaching experience is desired
Email a letter of interest, current resume, and the names/addresses/telephone numbers of at least three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of application materials will continue on an ongoing basis.