Colaprete, Frank A.
EdD, concentration in Higher Education Leadership, specialization in Adult Education, Nova Southeastern University
MS Organizational Management/Strategic Leadership, Roberts Wesleyan College
BS Organizational Management, Roberts Wesleyan College
AAS Criminal Justice - Police Science, Monroe Community College
Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement Certificate Program, Monroe Community College
Certified Litigation Specialist (C.L.S.), Americans for Effective Law Enforcement
Certified Master Instructor, Instructor Evaluator, and Instructor Consultant, The New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services Office of Public Safety
Professional Background, Scholarship Highlights
- Dr. Colaprete is a Professor of Criminal Justice Administration at Keuka College in New York. He is also an adjunct faculty member of Norwich University, New England College, Nova Southeastern University, the Public Safety Institute and Civic Institute at Mercyhurst University, and the Justice and Training Research Institute at Roger Williams University.
- For 20 years, Dr. Colaprete served in policing roles of Patrol Officer, Field Training Officer, Evidence Technician, Patrol Sergeant, Administrative Sergeant (e.g., Internal Affairs, Backgrounds and Recruitment, and Training), Detective Sergeant, Professional Development Section Commanding Officer / Training Lieutenant, and retired as a Patrol Division Operations Lieutenant.
- Dr. Colaprete is currently teaching, consulting, and conducting independent criminal justice research in a myriad of topics as the owner and lead consultant of Justice Systems Solutions, LLC.
- Frank A. Colaprete. 2012. Pre-Employment Background Investigations for Public Safety Professionals, Taylor Francis Group/CRC Press.
- Frank A. Colaprete. 2009. Mentoring in the Criminal Justice Professions: Conveyance of the Craft, Charles C. Thomas Publishers, Limited.
- Frank A. Colaprete. 2007. Internal Investigations: A Practitioner’s Approach, Charles C. Thomas Publishers, Limited.
- Other publications include numerous journal articles in police management, training, and criminal as well as administrative investigations.
- Dr. Colaprete's work has garnered numerous law enforcement awards including the Commendation Award, Excellent Police Service Award, and the Top 10 Finalist Award from the International Association of Chiefs of Police/Motorola Corporation Webber Seavey Award process.
- Featured in the National League of Cities database for successful municipal programs.
- Professor of the Year Award, Keuka College (2016).
- Excellence in Teaching Award, National Council for Accelerated Programs (2016).
- Outstanding Faculty Member Certificate of Recognition, Norwich University (2015).
- Honorary Member, Alpha Sigma Lambda, National Honor Society for Nontraditional Students (2013).
- Presidential Merit Award, Keuka College (2011).
- Distinguished Faculty of the Year Award, Norwich University (2009).
- Dr. Colaprete has been featured as a subject matter expert contributor in internal and pre-employment investigations for the Washington Post, Huffington Post, and the Privacy Piracy/KUCI radio talk show at the University of California at Irvine.