Associate Dean, Education
PhD in Educational Policy and Leadership, Ohio State University
MS in Urban Affairs and Policy Analysis, Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville
BA in Sociology, Denison University
Professional Background, Scholarship Highlights
- Supports the work of the College’s education division faculty, offering undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees in education, kinesiology and outdoor education, as well as 10 educator certification programs. To this work, Dr. McLaughlin brings a longstanding commitment to educational equity and leadership to meet the challenges for learners in the digital age.
- Founded and co-chairs the National Collaborative for Digital Equity (NCDE), a nonprofit organization that advocates for investments and initiatives that help close the digital divide for low-income learners.
- Dr. McLaughlin has written and presented extensively in the US and internationally, on digital equity, educator preparation program accountability, and systemic reform in science, technology, engineering and mathematics education (STEM).
- Prior experience includes 11 years of managing large-scale, multi-state STEM reform initiatives, a dozen years of managing a national nonprofit engaged in learning technology research and development, and nearly a decade leading state programs in educator preparation program accountability and workplace education.
- President's Award for contributions to the profession, Association of Teacher Educators
- First annual Impact Award for contributions by a non-librarian to the school library media profession, New Hampshire School Library Media Association
- Ramseyer Award for academic excellence for his doctoral dissertation, Ohio State University
- Administrative Fellowship, Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation. Dr. McLaughlin served as planner and grant development officer for a tribal community college on a North Dakota reservation and a historically black college in Maryland.
Service to Country, Community
- Member, State Education Technology Directors Association
- Board Member, Learning Forward New Hampshire
- Vice-Chair of the Board, Equity Lab Charter School
- Liaison to Higher Education, NH Society for Technology in Education
- Member, NH Council for Teacher Education
- Member, IHE Network, the nation’s only statewide consortium of educator preparation institutions committed to embracing their own programs’ transformation and accountability to meet the needs of digital age learners, skills and learning environments.
Is the proud father of three wonderful humans and two almost equally wonderful rescue border collies.