EdD, University of Southern California at the Rossier School of Education
MHA, University of La Verne
MBA, University of La Verne
Bachelor of Health Care Management, University of La Verne
Professional Background, Scholarship Highlights
- Dr. Reed's recent research interests include the exploration of critical pedagogy. Her aim is to improve instruction and the academic success of adult learners.
- Dr. Reed is a highly sought after health care industry consultant. She assists Health Care Organizations (HCOs) in meeting Federal HIPAA Privacy Law and EHR compliance mandates. Her professional practice further includes the authoring and editing of HIM monographs, which are written for academic and clinical facilitators addressing ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 Coding requirements.
- Dr. Reed began her career as an owner/investor of residential care facilities. Conference presentations on cost-effective access to quality care afforded her the opportunity to serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for higher education entities. She designed and developed curricula supportive of Corporate Leadership with specificity in Health Care Administration.
- I became a faculty member at New England College because I wanted to work under the supportive tutelage of Dr. Lejter.
- Ideally, the professional experiences that I share with students bring the theory to life.
- I am most surprised by the evolution and application of technology that has occurred inside of today’s virtual classroom. More software applications are now available that improve the quality of instruction (from when I first began teaching online, back in 1997).
- Teaching in an online environment is professionally satisfying because it allows an instructor to share information and resources with many more students than is possible within a traditional academic setting.
- My academic resume, coupled with a fist-full of persistence, has magnificently informed my career. Notably, my goal in life was to become a college professor.
- I am absolutely intrigued over any activity that involves the ocean; however, I cannot swim. So learning to swim is my next goal.