Dual Degree Path to Nursing at MCPHS
Accelerated Path to Nursing from NEC to MCPHS (Manchester)
NEC has a new dual degree path to nursing. In this accelerated path, students will complete 6 semesters at NEC in the Health Science major and then move to Massachusetts College Pharmacy and Health Science (in Manchester, NH) to complete 4 semesters in the accelerated nursing program. Upon successful completion of all the requirements, students will earn from NEC, a bacheor’s of science in Health Science and from MCPHS, a bachelor’s of science in Nursing and be able to sit for the National Council Licensure Exam in Nursing (NCLEX).
This path provides
- An accelerated path to nursing in NH resulting in licensure
- The preparation needed to enter the health care workforce as RN’s
- A broad based liberal arts foundation to a career in health care
- The clinical experiences and specialization in nursing at MCPHS
To be admitted to MCPHS, students must have:
- No repeated courses
- 2.7 or higher GPA
- Grades of C or better in all prerequisite courses
Upon completion of all requirements, students will:
- Be able to sit for the NCLEX exam to become registered nurses
- Earn the BS in Health Science from NEC
- Earn the BS in Nursing from MCPHS, Manchester, NH.