Terms and Conditions
Important Information Regarding Your Award
- Your financial aid offer is based on the information you provided on the FAFSA. It could change due to verification of FAFSA data, change in enrollment status, failure to meet satisfactory academic progress, or other factors.
- Requests for outstanding requirements will be sent to you by email and posted online through MyNEC.
- To review the amount of financial aid you will receive each term, access MyNEC. If your enrollment plans differ from the terms you have been awarded aid, please inform the SFS Office in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial aid funds will be disbursed in equal amounts at the beginning of each term you are enrolled and after all requirements are complete. The amount of financial aid is contingent upon full-time enrollment. If course load is reduced, the award may be adjusted.
- Withdrawal from NEC after the first day of classes will result in a revision of the award based upon the College’s refund for withdrawals policy and federal regulations.
- If you receive outside financial assistance for educational expenses such as scholarships or employer sponsored tuition, you must notify the SFS Office in writing detailing the amount you anticipate to receive for the financial aid award year. These resources must be taken into consideration when calculating a student’s financial aid eligibility.
- Financial aid awards are considered automatically accepted. If you would like to decline all or a portion of the financial aid, please submit your request in writing to the Student Financial Services Office from your NEC assigned email address or a date signed statement.