Two great campuses, one amazing experience
At NEC, we understand that is a very difficult time for the Becker College students so we’re working to make this change as simple as possible and to provide you with the education you desire and deserve.
We are a private, residential, not-for-profit institution that is fully accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Founded in 1946, NEC was established to serve the needs of servicemen and women attending college on the GI Bill after World War II. Today, we serve over 5,000 undergraduate, graduate and online students annually on our campuses in Henniker and Manchester, New Hampshire. Henniker offers a serene location boasting on campus trails, free skiing at Pats Peak, and small town living. Our Manchester campus is in the heart of downtown, surrounded by quaint coffee shops, music venues, restaurants and many job opportunities all in walking distance of the campus.
We have created a very simple transfer application for you. Just reach out to Ryan Connell and he’ll get you started right away! Note to join our summer session classes, the deadline to apply is May 1 (online or on campus classes start May 10. Click here to see a list of classes.)
What we have to offer
- An approach to learning that gets you out of the classroom and into the field so you can live what you learn
- Small class sizes with faculty/mentors who also work in their respective fields
- Study away trips at no extra cost
- Over 40 majors to choose from including Game Design, Animation and Illustration
- Free skiing at Pats Peak
- Award-winning NCAA athletic teams
- Award-winning esports team
- A focus on diversity and inclusion
- One campus in rural Henniker, NH, one in urban Manchester, NH
Your key contacts
What you need to know
- NEC Agreement with Becker College
- Admission: For all eligible Becker College students, NEC will:
- Transfer all students who are in good social and academic standing;
- Waive all admission or application fees;
- Apply our transfer admissions criteria to Becker College students;
- Consider exceptions to this criteria on a case-by-case basis.
- Residency: In recognition of the disruption incurred by Becker students, NEC shall reduce the residency requirements for degree completion as follows:
- Becker students transferring to NEC will be required to earn no fewer than fifteen (15) credit hours at the receiving institution;
- Students requiring fewer than fifteen (15) credits to earn a degree that would have been conferred by Becker College may petition to have the residency requirement further reduced. Petitions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Housing: Becker College students who would like a residential experience will be offered housing at NEC’s Henniker or Manchester, NH campuses.
- Tuition: Becker College students will be held to the normal NEC residency requirements for tuition.
- Financial Aid: NEC will offer generous financial aid to Becker College students so that the cost to attend NEC, after institutional aid, will be the same or less than what students are presently paying. Full consideration will require Becker College students to forward their 2021-2022 FAFSA to NEC (Code 002579).
- Graduation: Becker College students who enroll and complete their degree at NEC will receive an NEC diploma.