The 5th Annual VIRTUAL Higher Education Assessment Conference hosted by New England College
Monday, May 10 and Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Registration is now closed for the 2021 Higher Education Conference.
If you work in higher education and are committed to student success and program improvement, the Higher Education Assessment Conference hosted by New England College is for you!
This year’s theme is Hindsight is 2020: Quality Assessment Amid Chaos and Change.
This conference open to faculty, staff, and administrators around the US and the world to develop capacity to assess student learning and success as well as effectiveness of programs and services. The event will include 10 virtual pre-conference workshops on Monday, May 10. On Tuesday, May 11 an opening keynote and four time slots of concurrent session, all of which will be online. Sessions will cover topics of the impact of COVID-19 on assessment, equity and assessment, student learning assessment, program assessment, and general assessment.
Visit the 2020 Conference resource page to see offerings, session recordings, and resources from last year.
More detailed information will be forthcoming
Monday, May 10, 2021
9:00am-12:00pm EDT: Pre-Conference Workshop Slot 1
1:00pm-4:00pm EDT: Pre-Conference Workshop Slot 2
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
12:00–1:00 p.m. EDT: Welcome and Keynote Speaker
1:15–2:00 p.m. EDT: Session Slot 1
2:15–3:00 p.m. EDT: Session Slot 2
3:15–4:00 p.m. EDT: Session Slot 3
4:15–5:00 p.m. EDT: Session Slot 4
5:00 p.m. EDT: Networking Hour
Dr. Denise Mitten
Professor, Education Sustainability Program PhD and Adventure Education Master’s at Prescott College
Denise Mitten, internationally recognized for her innovative scholarship in outdoor and environmental pedagogy, ethics, and gender has developed programs to strengthen bonding between parents and children, a leadership program for women felons, and an award-winning leadership training and apprenticing program for women, opening the door to outdoor leadership to many women. Professor Mitten designed and implemented an Experiential Education Concentration in the School of Education, Master of Education in Curriculum Design at Ferris State University and served as their Academic Service Learning coordinator to increased community connections and course integration with service and experiential learning and assess student outcomes. She served nine years on the Association for Experiential Education’s Accreditation Council helping to improve their assessment of outdoor adventure and outdoor behavioral health programs. Professor Mitten chaired the Graduate program at Prescott College and co-edited Experiential education theory and practice and the Palgrave international handbook on women and outdoor learning and co-authored Natural environments and human health. In 2015 she received the Distinguished Researcher Award for her creative and innovative impacts on research within the experiential education community. Education: University of Washington, BS Forestry, Yale University MS Forest Ecology, Prescott College MS Counseling, and University of Minnesota PhD Education.
- Assessment 101: Faculty & Staff Quality Practices Primer
- Assessment in the Time of COVID
- Amplifying Voices, Guiding Dialogue and Supporting Improvement: Using Collaborative Action Research
- Connecting Planning and Assessment: Aligning Priorities, Information, and Resources
- Equity-Centered Assessment: Concepts and Strategies for Implementation
- Assessment + Accreditation = A Winning Combination
- Preparing for an Accreditation Team Visit
- Good Curriculum Design: The Foundation for Meaningful Assessment
- Course Matrix Approach to Student Learning: What It Is, Lessons Learned, and Use for Fall and Beyond
- Post-Covid Assessment: Are You Ready to Embrace Technology to Support Institutional and Program Assessment? Things to Know for Success!
- Automating Textual Analysis and Beyond: Easy Digital Humanities Techniques for Assessment Excellence
- MacMillan/Skyfactor (Diamond Sponsor)
- Xitracs (Platinum Sponsor)
- Weave (Platinum Sponsor)
- Anthology (Platinum Sponsor)
- Stylus Publishing (Silver Sponsor)
- New England College Personnel Association (Bronze Sponsor)
- NASPA Region I (Sponsor)
If you have any questions about this event please contact: