Accepted Students Parents and Families Alumni Students, Faculty & Staff

Housing Release Petition

New England College has a three year, or a six semester, on campus residency requirement for on-campus undergraduate students. The housing contract is binding for the entire academic year.

To petition to be released from the housing contract, please choose which office best matches the reason you are interested in being released from your housing contract.

Once you have determined which office best meets your needs, please follow the instructions outlined below. Petition decisions will be made by the respective office after you complete the outlined process.

Access and Accommodation

Students who are requesting exceptions to housing policies due to disability must schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Access and Accommodations and provide documentation for the accommodation requested.

  • Physical condition
  • Chronic illness
  • Visual conditions
  • Deaf/hard of hearing
  • Mental health conditions
  • Learning disability

Referrals to schedule meetings and the method of contact:

Residential Life and Housing

The below reasons are the only circumstances outlined in the Student Handbook that Residential Life and Housing will consider. Residential Life and Housing does not review financial concerns. If one or more of these reasons applies to you, please complete the below form.

  • You will be 23 years of age by August 1st of the upcoming academic year
  • You are a military veteran
  • You are married
  • You have a child or children
  • You intend to live with your parent(s)/guardian(s) who has a permanent address in a pre-approved commuter town

Housing Contract Release Form

Student Financial Services

  • Financial Concerns

For assistance with payment options and financial aid, or to discuss your financial situation, please contact Student Financial Services at 603.428.2226. You may also email for an appointment or visit Student Financial Services to speak with a financial aid counselor about your financial situation.