Pre College Summer Program | Online Format
Create about it. Write about it. Be about it.
The Summer Pre-College Program at the Institute of Art and Design at New England College is one of th ehighlights of the year for faculty and staff because of the significant positive impact it has on young artists. Given the current health crisis, we have considered a variety of online program formats that will enable pre-college students to enhance their development as artists, and engage with like-minded peers and faculty members.
This summer, the Institute is offering a flexible Pre-College program that students can participate in at their chosen pace and duration – students can take just one class that meets twice a week for three weeks, or take up to four classes over six weeks. The details of the program are below. When you’re ready, click here to register.
Dates and Times
- Session II: July 27–August 13
- Courses run Monday and Wednesday (M/W) or Tuesday and Thursday (T/TH), from 10:00 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
Format of Instruction
- Courses offered via Zoom in a “live” format (in real time)
- Faculty are practicing artists and established instructors, experienced with the Pre-college age group, and have successfully offered highly engaging online instruction
- 10 students per class
- Assignments will be given for work outside of class – one to two times the number of hours of instruction for maximum benefit
- Courses are non-credit
Goals of the Pre-College Program
- Help students develop their personal artistic practices to inspire their creativity
- Promote problem solving and thinking outside the box
- Assist students in building their portfolio
- Create a sense of community, mutual respect, and support within the virtual classroom
- Did we mention “fun”?
$350 per course (50% refundable prior to the start of the course)
Classes run online via Zoom, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. (noon)
Session II – July 27 – August 13
|Drawing: Observation & Imagination||Drawing & Fine Arts|
|The Mind of Art: Intersection of Psychology & Design||Art & Psychology|
|It’s All Just Sentences and Lines||Creative Writing|
|Experiments in Mixed Media||Drawing & Fine Arts|
|Graphic Novel: Character & Short Story||Comic Arts|
|What do you Squeeze to get Creative Juices?||Art & Psychology|
|Photography – Storytelling||Photography|
Course descriptions can be found here.
Free Portfolio Reviews by our Faculty
You don’t have to take a course to take advantage of this opportunity!
- Thursday, July 23 at 4:00 p.m., or August 13 at 4:00 p.m.