Mission & Vision
New England College is a creative and supportive learning community that challenges individuals to
transform themselves and their world.
Description of Mission
New England College emphasizes experiential learning as an essential component in the development of
an enduring academic community. Building upon a strong liberal arts foundation, we challenge our
students to reach their full potential through informed discourse and the pursuit of excellence in a
framework of academic freedom that reflects the following values:
- Value 1: Imaginative, innovative, and creative approaches to all endeavors
- Value 2: Respect for self in the development of personal, social, physical and intellectual abilities
- Value 3: Caring and collaborative relationships among members of our community
- Value 4: Respect for the varied qualities of individuals, communities, and the world
- Value 5: An appreciation of beauty and elegance in the search for truth
- Value 6: Inquiry into and the pursuit of social justice
- Value 7: Ethical and responsible citizenship, including service to the community
- Value 8: The pursuit of ecological sustainability
- Value 9: Continuous learning and a lifetime of personal achievement
New England College will be renowned as one of the most creative, innovative, and supportive learning
environments where transformation is at the core of all that we pursue.
The Three Cornerstones of the 2011-2016 Strategic Plan
- Innovative Pedagogy
- Sustainable Growth
- Image and Reputation
Snapshot of Initiatives
- New online continuing education programs for adult learners.
- A visible presence in Concord, New Hampshire that showcases the College’s offerings, is a conduit for internships and corporate partnerships, and broadens academic accessibility.
- A robust first year program that supports transitions to academic and social aspects of the college experience.
Documents that are in pdf electronic format can be read with the Adobe Reader, which you can download free of charge from the Adobe website by Adobe Reader.