Information Technology (IT)
For urgent, 24/7 support please call 877.290.3627 or visit support.nec.edu and use the live chat feature.
For low-priority or not time-sensitive issues, please email email@example.com.
For the following specific services, please use the email addresses below so that your request is routed correctly and efficiently:
- For Door Access issues, please continue to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you receive an email that you suspect is spam or a phishing attempt, please forward it to email@example.com.
You may also visit the Help Desk in the lower level of the Danforth Library.
Tips for Technology Use at NEC
Setup and test any computer and software you purchase BEFORE coming to the NEC campus. While we can assist with many problems, knowing your computer and software works before getting to campus will make it that much easier when you get here. When you arrive on campus, so will every other student. Please avoid the lines and check your new computer and software before you arrive.
Wireless Network Services for Residence Halls. NEC has partnered with Apogee, a specialized provider of residential networks, to deploy and support an advanced wireless network for our residence halls, featuring 100% wireless connectivity, 24/7 student support, and more. For more information and to set up your account please visit MyResNet.com or call Apogee’s 24-hour support at 855.377.4156.
Ensure your computer meets all the requirements for using the NEC network before coming to campus. See this page for more information: Orientation Guide – Accessing the New England College Network
Other suggested items to bring:
- Network cable: 15–20” (also known as an Ethernet cable or data cable)
- Cable lock to physically lock your computer in your room
- USB Flash drive for easy storing and transporting of files
- Chargers and power cords for all your gear
- Warranty information for your computer in case you need warranty support from the vendor
- Xfinity on Campus
- Classroom Internet Access
- Installing Microsoft 365 on your device
- Laptop Recommendations
- Microsoft Single Sign-On Password Reset
- NEC Wireless Guest Sign in
- Setting Up Your OneDrive
- Set Up NEC Email on Your Mobile Device
Information Technology at NEC