Martin, Cynthia Burns
Professor, Business Administration
MBA, Boston University
AB English Literature, Smith College
Professional Background, Scholarship Highlights
Tenured fulltime faculty member who has taught Management and Marketing for more than three decades at New England College and served in several administrative positions. Significant experience in higher education accreditation:
- Author of two institutional self-studies for regional decennial reaccreditation (NEASC).
- Author of two self-studies for disciplinal first-time accreditation (IACBE & ACBSP).
- New England College. Arcadia Publishing, 2016.
- Vinalhaven Island's Maritime Industries. Arcadia Publishing, 2015.
- Bodwell Granite Company Store & the Community of Vinalhaven, Maine, 1859-1919, Maine History, 2012.
- Editor-in-Chief, Edge Adventure NH, a commercial tabloid magazine produced by students of New England College and distributed through the New Hampshire Department of Travel and Tourism.
Served 15 years as an emergency medical technician for municipal ambulance services in Henniker, New Hampshire and Vinalhaven, an island 12 miles off the coast of Maine.