New England College is proud to have earned the following distinctions.
New England College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. The Teacher Education Program (and the majors in Elementary Education, Physical Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education) are approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education.
President’s 2014 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
New England College was named to President Obama’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, recognizing New England College for the extraordinary and exemplary community service contributions of its students, faculty, and staff in meeting critical community needs. The Honor Roll highlights the role colleges and universities play in solving community problems and placing more students on a lifelong path of civic engagement by recognizing institutions that achieve meaningful, measurable outcomes in the communities they serve.
TIME Magazine Reports that NEC is one the colleges that have diversified the most in the U.S.
TIME Magazine studied changes in undergraduate student diversity on campuses throughout the country. Among the top 25 schools who have seen the largest increases in diversity, TIME reports that New England College ranked 21st.Read the full article: TIME Magazine: These Are the Colleges That Have Diversified the Most
US News & World Report
- Best Online Graduate Education Program ranking
- Best Online Graduate Business Programs ranking
- Best Online Bachelor Degree Education Program ranking
Military Advanced Education
- Top Military-Friendly University designation
- Military-Friendly Schools® designation
Yellow Ribbon Program
- A new addition to the GI Bill includes a provision to help students avoid some or all of the out-of-pocket tuition and fees associated with education programs that may exceed the Post 9/11 GI Bill tuition benefit.
Project Pericles – Founding College
In the fall of 2002, the Project Pericles Center was established and began to fulfill three major goals: 1) to coordinate activities for civic engagement, social responsibility and service learning throughout the College; 2) to develop connections between the College and the local, state, national and international communities to provide opportunities for civic engagement and service learning; and 3) to integrate concepts of civic and social responsibility into the curriculum and co-curriculum.
As one of the ten founding Colleges, New England College derives an enormous benefit from the association with other Periclean institutions and with the founder, Eugene Lang. Today, there are a total of thirty Periclean colleges and universities:
NEC’s Periclean program has two essential aspects — a theoretical, knowledge-based aspect, in which students examine the philosophical, historical, political and social underpinnings that foster and sustain the principles of our democratic form of government; and a civic engagement aspect, in which students become personally involved in civically and socially responsible service. Both concepts are evident in the history of NEC and our style of education, as stated in NEC’s mission… “ We provide an education that develops responsible academic and social commitments responsiveness to ethical and humane concerns” offering “opportunities to achieve these goals through service learning, internships and international opportunities.”
The New Hampshire IDeA Network of Biological Research Excellence (NH-INBRE) is a state-wide initiative designed to:
- increase opportunities for students and faculty at Partner institutions to participate in original scientific research;
- expand the base of ongoing research and research capacity at the Lead and Partner institutions and support the associated research cultures;
- increase the frequency at which students who graduate from Partner institutions continue doing biomedical research in graduate education or employment;
- enhance the science and technology training of the NH workforce;
- enhance the bioinformatics infrastructure that is required for modern biomedical research.