Office of Admission Student Positions
Student Office Assistant Position
and Student Ambassadors
Please save application to desktop, fill out, save as (Using your name), and email to
Christina Cormier at CCormier@nec.edu
If you have any questions please call Christina at 603.428.2287
The Student Administrative Assistant (SOA) attends to the administrative details and duties of the Office of Admission. This position works with a peer group of about 8 students that report directly to the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission. The SOA is responsible for supporting the goals of the Admission Department while promoting a professional and positive image of the college. The primary duty for the SOA is to work in collaboration with the application specialist, office manager, inquiry specialist, and visit coordinator on various administrative tasks. These include items such as filing prospective student applications, searching for applications, distributing components of applications, assembling packets for admission events, organizing mailings, opening and stamping admission’s mail, delivering admission materials to campus partners, picking up materials from the mail room as well as other duties as assigned.
- Students must be available for a minimum of two consecutive hours per week.
- Availability must be handed into the Student Director before employment begins.
- Student must attend one training each semester.
- Student must check in with the Visit Coordinator, Application Specialist, Inquiry specialist and Office Manager upon arrival.
- All paper work must be filed through the Visit Coordinator and Human Resources before employment.
- Student may use their entire work study funds throughout their semesters.
- In some circumstances institutional funds will be awarded.
- Students will be paid $7.00 per hour and not exceed $2,000 per semester.
- Senior students with prior experience will be considered for a raise of $8.00 per hour.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and computer skills.
- Student must be articulate and knowledgeable about New England College, as well as represent the department and institution in a positive manner at all times.
- Prior experience in customer service is preferred.
- Focused and attentive to detail.
- Student must work well independently.
- Student must submit an application, resume and one letter of recommendation.
- Student must be in good judicial and academic standing.