Learning Institute at NEC | LINEC
NOTE: All classes will be on ZOOM. Instructions on how to participate will be sent to all registrants prior to the start of the term.
LINEC is a program, open to both retired and younger adults, offering non-credit volunteer peer-led courses to educate entertain and enhance life – for the sheer pleasure of learning.
LINEC offers three terms each academic year, each lasting approximately five weeks:
- Fall (October and November)
- Spring (April and May)
- Summer (July)
- Winter (January and February)
See our LINEC Courses Schedule here.
Membership and Registration Fees
Membership fees for the academic year (September to August) are:
- $35 for an individual
- $50 for a household
After membership fees are paid each year, registration for each term is $15.
Members may take as many courses as they desire during that term. Fees and registration costs cover the expenses of printing, mailing, and administering the LINEC program.
- Catalogs describing all LINEC courses to be offered for each term
- Invitation to LINEC’s annual meeting held every September at New England College (NEC)
- Borrow LINEC course tapes and videos that are stored in the Danforth Library
- Reduced fee for per-credit NEC courses
- Ability to audit one NEC course per semester on a space-available basis at no cost
- Invitations to special college events at NEC
- Use of the resources at the NEC’s Danforth Library
56 Clearview Drive
Loudon, NH 03307
PARKING: With the permanent green parking permits hung from the rear view mirror, LINEC members can park anywhere on campus. Parking registration forms will be available at the campus security building the first week of classes each term.
Note: Larter is now the John Lyon Center, 55 Depot Hill Road, with parking down the street to the right.
All buildings used by LINEC are handicap accessible.
Here’s What Members Say About LINEC
“LINEC assures lifelong learners that there is no end to inquiry, no end to education, no end to the pleasure of learning.”
– Heleen Kurk, Weare
“LINEC is a great way to share one’s love of learning with others.”
– Gail Beckett, Henniker
“Each spring and fall I can’t wait for classes to begin. And the “Current Issues” course I look forward to throughout the year.”
– Sally Chase, Hopkinton
“LINEC is a wonderful way to keep learning, spending time and making friendships.”
– Judith Eliasberg, Concord
“LINEC’s classes have given me the chance to fill in a lot of the courses there just wasn’t time for in college. It has been wonderful to learn with LINEC’s lively students.”
– Rosanne Fisch, Bow
“It’s the opportunity to enjoy, be entertained and enrich the next stage of one’s life.”
– Helen Moffatt, Contoocook