Mission & Vision
New England College is a creative and supportive learning community that challenges individuals to transform themselves and their world.
Description of Mission
New England College emphasizes experiential learning as an essential component in the development of an enduring academic community. Building upon a strong liberal arts foundation, we challenge our students to reach their full potential through informed discourse and the pursuit of excellence in a framework of academic freedom that reflects the following values:
- Value 1: Imaginative, innovative, and creative approaches to all endeavors
- Value 2: Respect for self in the development of personal, social, physical and intellectual abilities
- Value 3: Caring and collaborative relationships among members of our community
- Value 4: Respect for the varied qualities of individuals, communities, and the world
- Value 5: An appreciation of beauty and elegance in the search for truth
- Value 6: Inquiry into and the pursuit of social justice
- Value 7: Ethical and responsible citizenship, including service to the community
- Value 8: The pursuit of ecological sustainability
- Value 9: Continuous learning and a lifetime of personal achievement
We, the undergraduate faculty of New England College, hereby reaffirm our signature commitment to the Natural Environment, the Civic Environment, and Experiential Education, as the foundation for our mission as an institution of higher learning. As such, it is understood that these commitments will be demonstrably reflected at the programmatic level. As a resource, the 21st Century Learning Outcomes will continue to inform our teaching and course design.
New England College will be the most highly respected and sought‐after small private college in New Hampshire, known for its innovative academic programs and as a leader in experiential education.
New England College’s 2016-2021 Strategic Plan is designed to galvanize the NEC community around a compelling vision that will steer the institution’s efforts over the next five years. This Plan is the result of a process that combined the leadership of the Board and senior administrators with the significant contributions of faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
The Strategic Plan builds on the College’s traditions and strengths to present bold Initiatives that respond to the changing dynamics of higher education and positions the College for a vibrant future.
Documents that are in pdf electronic format can be read with the Adobe Reader, which you can download free of charge from the Adobe website by Adobe Reader.