As a Bachelor of Science in Accounting student, you will be well-positioned to begin a rewarding career in this thriving profession. According to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 75% of today’s CPAs will retire in the next 15 years, driving unprecedented demand for qualified accounting majors.
You can expect an exciting and challenging hands-on education that is built on a foundation of the liberal arts, and includes valuable, direct work experience through internships and exposure to management fundamentals by highly motivated and experienced faculty.
A hallmark of New England College is the close working relationship between faculty and students. Faculty push you to achieve your full potential, preparing you for a successful career in accounting. Since 2011, almost 90% of our graduating Accounting majors were either employed or entered graduate school upon completion of their degree.
If you are interested in “sitting” for the CPA exam, you can qualify to participate in our accelerated Master’s of Science in Accounting (MSA) program and earn both a BSA and an MSA in under 5 years. Both degrees may be earned with a combined 148 credits.
Learn more about the Accounting program’s learning objectives, requirements, and core and elective courses by clicking on the Academic Catalog to the right.
Accounting: Learn by Doing at New England College
- Internships. Hands-on internships are not only strongly encouraged and broadly supported, they are required for Accounting majors. Recent accounting internships have included Bayer Corporation, Bloomberg Financial Services, Taconic International, Henniker Brewing Company, New London (NH) Hospital, Madison Earth Care, William F. Sullivan, CPA, and more.
- Case Study Competition. Recently, a group of accounting students competed in the Ethics Case Competition at Saint Michael’s College in Vermont.
Career Opportunities for Accounting Majors
- Earn your Certified Public Accountant designation
- Budget Analyst
- Corporate or Financial Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Tax Accountant/Examiner
- Chief Financial Officer
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance or Accounting
- Masters of Science in Accounting in Forensic Accounting