Please click here for the latest news about how NEC is managing the coronavirus outbreak
Produced by NEC Student Alexandria Frisoli
As a student of the Bachelor in Business Administration program, you will receive individualized guidance from dedicated business faculty and engage in a rich legacy of experiential learning. The program emphasizes entrepreneurship, innovation, and sustainability and prepares future leaders of for-profit and not-for-profit organizations in a challenging and rapidly-changing global economy. You will learn to understand core business functions including:
- Organizational Leadership
- Legal Environment
- “Triple Bottom Line” Perspectives
You will work with other students in teams, and one-on-one with faculty, in a collaborative environment designed to make the most of this rigorous and engaging curriculum. In the context of a liberal arts education, you will graduate with a suite of marketable skills and, based on your goals and aspirations, enter the work force as a marketer, salesperson, accountant, entrepreneur, manager, and more.
If you are especially motivated, you can qualify to participate in our accelerated Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) program and earn both a BA and an MBA in under 5 years. Both degrees may be earned with a combined 148 credits, and after receiving your bachelor’s degree at New England College, you’ll be eligible for a 25% discount on the Master’s program.
Learn more about the Business Administration program’s learning objectives, requirements, and core and elective courses by clicking on the Academic Catalog to the right.
Bachelor in Business Administration Concentrations and Academic Options
- Receive extra focus in specialized areas of accounting such as international accounting and federal taxation.
- Go beyond the marketing core and explore areas like marketing management, advertising and promotion, and market research in more depth.
- Strategic Sales Management. Develop sales skills and learn how to manage a sales force in this versatile concentration.
- An Associate of Arts in Business Administration is also available. Receive a general business background in 2 years.
Business Administration: Learn by Doing at New England College
- Innovative Project-Based Learning. You have the opportunity to tackle real-world problems that have no clear answers. For example, many business students have traveled to Kenya to study and explore market-based solutions to climate change.
- Real-World Assignments. New England College owns a widely distributed magazine used in New Hampshire’s tourism industry, Edge Adventure NH. You can work with other business students to develop, sell advertising, and publish the magazine, managing the process from initial concept to distribution.
- Internships. Internships are strongly encouraged and broadly supported. Recent business administration internships have included the Henniker Brewing Company, Clean Fuels Associates, Inc., Global Response Partners, Concord Hospital, Special Olympics of New Hampshire, and more.
- The Classroom as a “Professional Work” Environment. You have the opportunity to learn subject matter not through a textbook but through practical experience as value-added consultants. A recent marketing class learned this first hand by developing a complete marketing campaign for a local organization.
Bachelor in Business Administration Career Opportunities
- Marketing Manager
- Market Analyst
- Sales Manager
- Franchise Ownership
- Earn a Masters of Business Administration
- Earn a Masters of Science in Management
- Earn a Masters of Science in Accounting