Doctorate of Education Program
New England College’s Doctorate of Education (EdD) program is designed in the cohort model to help you become the expert in your area of interest, in a collaborative, supportive, team environment with other working professionals. The program has three tracks: K-12 Leadership, Higher Education Administration and Educational Leadership. The K-12 Leadership and Higher Education Tracks are hybrid beginning in July of each year with monthly on-campus residencies. The Educational Leadership track is fully online and begins January each year.
With supportive cohorts, accessible and flexible expert faculty, scaffolded curriculum, and schedules developed for busy working professionals, our program is designed with your success as our goal.
When you join our community, you will be part of a program that prepares educators to take leadership roles in improving educational systems and advancing student learning and success. You will get to start working on your dissertation in the first course of this three-year program, so that your research can be applied immediately in your work environment.
- Articulate a personal philosophy of professional practice, and a vision for educational organizations, which is responsive to societal challenges of complexity, diversity, and social justice
- Identify and address critical and contemporary issues in educational policy and practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of administrative, leadership, and management practices and structures found in diverse institutions of education
- Assess teaching and learning and create strategies to improve professional practice and student learning
- Use data to inform evidence-based decision-making regarding educational issues, enhance professional practice, and promote organizational change and reform
- Demonstrate skills to work effectively with others, be an advocate for members of the learning community, and lead organizational change and reform
- Demonstrate information and research literacy incorporating of a broad range of education resources and scholarship
- Design and conduct independent and collaborative research
- Demonstrate effective and inclusive written and oral communication skills
For more information about our course requirements for each Doctorate of Education concentration, please refer to our online academic catalog:
- Education, Pre K-12 Leadership, EdD
- Education, Higher Education Administration, EdD
- Educational Leadership, EdD