MS in Applied Data Analytics
Applied Data Analytics plays an integral role in determining an organization’s overall strategic direction, and demand for this crucial set of skills is growing globally. The McKinsey Global Institute expects that demand for business people with deep analytical skills could outstrip current projections of supply by 50% to 60%. Graduated students can expect to play a greater role in decision making and strategy setting for their current or future organizations, adding significant value: studies show that businesses that understand how to interpret data outperform competitors by up to 20%.
Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics
Making better decisions requires data. Thus, data becomes a strategic asset to your company. And the ability to extract meaning from that data makes you a strategic asset, too. NEC’s Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics helps business professionals with subject area knowledge learn how to acquire insights into finances, markets, employees, patients, logistics, environment, supply chain, energy usage, etc. With this acumen, you become a better decision maker who can help others make better decisions, too. You will learn practical skills in obtaining, cleaning, aggregating, and pruning data. With that data, you will learn to train, validate, and deploy models to describe and predict everything from transportation needs to improved health care strategies. You will also learn how to use charts, maps, and graphs to help others make sense of the data and use this understanding for their own decisions. Analytics uncovers trends, hidden patterns, and correlations that wouldn’t otherwise have been known, resulting in profound insights and sophisticated decision making.
New England College’s MS in Applied Data Analytics is offered in a hybrid delivery model, believed to be the most effective learning model. This model provides a convenient option for students who work full time but still desire the advantages of a traditional classroom environment and fits easily into most working adults’ schedules. Students meet one night per week and have the choice to meet at our Manchester campus or virtually and fulfill additional program requirements online.
Who Should Enroll
The Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics is designed for anyone with a bachelor’s degree, with or without experience, who is interested in working with data to analyze trends and facilitate more informed decisions.
- Acquire data from websites, data bases, and research.
- Describe datasets with basic descriptive statistics.
- Use machine learning algorithms, starting with Decision Trees and Bayes Theorem.
- Visualize data with Microsoft Excel, Tableau, Cloud services, and packages from Python and R software.
- Think critically and improve your communication skills.
- Enjoy a convenient hybrid delivery model, located at our Manchester, NH campus or virtually.
- Complete your degree with 36 credits.
- Gain deeper knowledge with four-credit courses.
- Finish your degree sooner with seven-week terms.
- Learn from faculty who are industry experts.
- Collaborate with like-minded professionals through face-to-face components.
- Enjoy hands-on learning that includes case studies and real-world simulations.