Graduate Education Program Application Requirements
|Program||Program Concentration||Delivery Model||Letter of Recommendation||Personal Essay||Résumé||Transcripts||Manuscript (Fiction)||Manuscript (Non-fiction)||Poetry Sample|
|Doctor of Education (EdD)||Higher Education Administration||Low Residency||2||1,200-1,500 words *||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Doctor of Education (EdD)||Pre-K–12 Leadership||Low Residency||2||1,200-1,500 words *||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Doctor of Education (EdD)||Educational Leadership||Online||2||1,200-1,500 words *||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Master of Education (MEd)||All concentrations||Online||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Higher Education Administration (MS)||Hybrid||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Professional Educator Preparation||Online and Teaching on Location||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
* For the personal essay, you will be asked to address the four items below in 1200-1500 words (equivalent to 4-5 double-spaced pages).
- Describe the issue(s) that “keeps you up at night” upon which you may want to focus your dissertation and/or comprehensive project.
- Outline the experience(s), skills, and/or knowledge that you would bring to the program to address that issue(s).
- Discuss why the NEC EdD program is the best place for you to address that issue(s)
- What are your professional and personal goals? Explain how the NEC doctoral program will help you achieve them.