Mission and Values
We offer the most current career-relevant tools and practical experiences to a diverse population to enable them to be successful in the global workplace. We create opportunities for students to develop critical thinking, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills through learning practical tools enabling success in the global workplace. Please click here to see our core faculty.
As a team, the Management Division believes:
- In being open, transparent, approachable, and responsive to increase connection to our students.
- In creating an inclusive environment where anyone can feel like they belong.
- In developing students who take ownership of their learning experience.
- In developing our students to be ethical and responsible citizens including service to the community.
- In supporting students to develop their own intellectual curiosity and ability to cope with challenges in positive ways.
- In promoting curiosity in our students, to develop the whole person to think, be creative, and to engage with the world to solve social and business problems.
Vision and Initiatives
The business and management programs of the future will prepare students for specific careers and tasks in the workplace. The management division’s focus towards strategic development and differentiation are initiatives related to experiential education and career/professionally oriented studies which are intended to provide students with job applicable skills, a real-world orientation, and high impact, immersive experiences.
1) From the 2017-22 Management Division Strategic Plan:
- Improve branding of NEC Management Division by achieving ACBSP accreditation.
2) From 2020-25 NEC Strategic Plan (college-level):
- Plan new, distinctive majors, revise current scalable majors.
- Develop a process to evaluate new, distinctive majors, revise current scalable majors.
- Explore MBA in Spanish/LAMPRO (domestic and international programs)
- Explore 3-year college degrees (Criminal justice, Business, etc.)
3) Develop Manchester campus location as a certification and testing center.
4) Embed field trips into capstone courses in all undergraduate majors and virtual corporate field trips for all graduate majors.
5) Develop professional portfolio creation process for students to collect works and demonstrate skills by graduation.