Congratulations to the classes of 2020 and 2021! If you missed seeing commencement on Saturday, May 8, you can still see the full ceremony starting on May 11 by clicking this link.
Commencement Speaker, Wes Moore, is a Rhodes Scholar, bestselling author (The Other Wes Moore), retired United States Army officer (82nd Airborne Division) and CEO of the Robin Hood Foundation.
Commencement Announcements and Memorabilia
Please go to NEC’s Jostens online store to order plain or customized graduation announcements, class or deluxe rings, or collegiate tags.
- All Regalia will be purchased at this link: https://www.buildagrad.com/nec
- If you are living and learning on either campus, orders will be distributed the last week of April. If you are a remote learner, you will have your order shipped to your preferred address to arrive the last week of April.
- You can learn more about how to properly don your regalia HERE.
- Because we are having a virtual ceremony, this is a completely OPTIONAL purchase!
- The LAST DAY to place your order will be Friday, March 19th.
- If you have questions, reach out to the Pilgrim Shop @ NEC at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.428.2220.
- Campus Students: You may also be wondering about special cords and stoles representing Academic Honors and Campus Involvement – these will come separately later in the semester. Remind your club and academic advisors!
Registrar’s Office Message to Students
Students indicate their intention to participate in the Commencement Ceremony when they file their Intent to Graduate Form with the Registrar’s Office. Intent to Graduate Forms should be submitted in accordance with College guidelines, but no later than one term prior to Commencement. Late submissions may not be accommodated.
Eligibility to Graduate
You must fill out and submit your Intent to Graduate Form. It can be found in the Academic Forms section of the Registrar’s Office webpage. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your eligibility to graduate please contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com, or Student Financial Services at SFS@nec.edu.
Students who wish to have their name in the Commencement program must have their intent to graduate filed by April 1.
Students may only participate in the May 2021 Commencement Ceremony if they graduated from July 2019 through May 2021 or are within 12 credits of completing their degree program as of the date of the May ceremony. Students must select one ceremony to attend. Commencement eligibility will be determined by the Registrar’s Office.
If your anticipated graduation date changes, you must notify the Registrar’s Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Student Financial Services Reminder to Students
Please clear any account holds. Outstanding balances must be paid in full. Federal loan borrowers, you must complete mandatory loan exit counseling at www.studentloans.gov.
Other Commencement questions can be directed to 603.428.2261 or email@example.com.