Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
The modern digital world offers ease of use and on-the-go convenience, but it also brings the threat of data breaches and cyberattacks. And unfortunately, these threats show no sign of slowing down.
Learn to anticipate and prevent cyber threats to keep digital assets safe.
With our BS in Cybersecurity, you will learn to
- Evaluate the computer network and information security needs of an organization.
- Evaluate cybersecurity risk management policies in order to adequately protect an organization’s critical information and assets.
- Measure the performance of security systems within an enterprise-level information system.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and update an enterprise-level information security system.
- Implement continuous network monitoring and provide real-time security solutions.
- Formulate, update, and communicate short and long-term organizational cybersecurity strategies and policies.
- Successfully complete a security examination and achieve certification in basic security principles and applications.
Students can earn the following CompTIA (Computing Technology Industry Association) certifications: Cloud, Linux, Network, and Security Analyst.
The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security jointly sponsor the National Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cyber Defense (CAE IA/CD). Our program follows the CAE IA/CD model.
What does NEC’s unique partnership with Dallas College mean for you?
- Acceptance of all 60 credits from your associate degree. You enter NEC as a junior
- Expedited admissions process and waived application fees
- Reduced tuition rate of $248 per credit
- Convenience of studying at local Dallas College campuses
- Evening and weekend classes that accommodate your schedule