When you join our community, you will be part of a program that prepares educators to take leadership roles in improving educational systems and advancing student learning and success. You will start working on your dissertation in the first course of this three-year program so that your research can be applied immediately in your work environment.
Through our three-year online cohort-based structure, you will engage with students, faculty, and other members of the education community in collaborative inquiry into issues that span our education systems. This unique combination of deep understanding, expanded vision, and diverse professional networks positions you for innovative, entrepreneurial leadership in a complex and changing world, offering you the opportunity to become an expert in an area about which you are passionate.
In this program, you will be able to
- Articulate a personal philosophy of professional practice, and a vision for educational organizations, which is responsive to societal challenges of complexity, diversity, and social justice
- Identify and address critical and contemporary issues in educational policy and practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of administrative, leadership, and management practices and structures found in diverse institutions of education
- Assess teaching and learning and create strategies to improve professional practice and student learning
- Use data to inform evidence-based decision-making regarding educational issues, enhance professional practice, and promote organizational change and reform
- Demonstrate skills to work effectively with others, be an advocate for members of the learning community, and lead organizational change and reform
- Demonstrate information and research literacy incorporating of a broad range of education resources and scholarship
- Design and conduct independent and collaborative research
- Demonstrate effective and inclusive written and oral communication skills