Coursework provides a strong foundation in the theory and practice of higher education administration and prepares students to be leaders in two -and four-year colleges and universities. Graduates pursue careers in academic advising, admissions and enrollment management, fundraising, career placement, financial aid, student affairs, and related fields.
This program includes a practicum that allows students to gain practical experience before going into the field.
Students can complete this degree in as little as 10 months if attending full time and taking two courses per term, or they can attend part time and take one course per term. Graduate assistantships are available.
Developed for professionals already working in higher education or a related field who wish to obtain a graduate degree, this method is delivered 100% online. All courses are offered one at a time, providing the most flexibility for students with work and family responsibilities.
In this program, you will be able to
- Identify and articulate implications of contemporary issues for higher education administration
- Apply administrative, leadership, and management practices to the variety of organizational structures found in diverse institutions of higher education
- Employ a broad range of higher education resources and scholarship in program planning, implementation, and assessment
- Connect theory to practice, applying course learning to professional work experiences
- Make data-informed decisions and recommendations related to professional practice
- Develop and hone effective personal and organizational leadership skills
- Effectively advise and help students individual and in group settings
- Develop skills and knowledge required to work with diverse individuals and organizations and foster inclusive communities
- Demonstrate effective and inclusive written and oral communication skills
- Think critically to identify, strategize, and solve issues within higher education