New England College is a creative and supportive learning community that challenges individuals to transform themselves and their world.
Description of Mission
New England College emphasizes experiential learning as an essential component in the development of an enduring academic community. Building upon a strong liberal arts foundation, we challenge our students to reach their full potential through informed discourse and the pursuit of excellence in a framework of academic freedom that reflects the following values:
• imaginative, innovative, and creative approaches to all their
• respect for self in the development of personal, social,
physical and intellectual abilities;
• caring and collaborative relationships among members of
• respect for the varied qualities of individuals, communities,
and the world;
• an appreciation of beauty and elegance in the search for
• inquiry into and the pursuit of social justice;
• ethical and responsible citizenship, including service to the
• the pursuit of ecological sustainability;
• continuous learning and a lifetime of personal achievement.
New England College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges Inc. (NEASC) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. The Teacher Education Program (and the majors in Elementary Education, Physical Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education) are approved by the New Hampshire Department of Education.