The following information will be helpful in securing and working with images for the College’s website:
1. A professional photographer is hired for some of the College’s major public events. Check with the Office of Public Information to determine which events will be covered and the availability of images for the website.
2. In order to preserve the visual integrity of the NEC website, only photographs taken by a professional photographer may be posted on the College’s website.
- Professional images must be good quality, high resolution
- Images should reflect good composition and presentation
- Acceptable file formats include GIF and JPEG
- Retain the original image and create a JPEG copy for use on
- Crop the image as necessary
- Re-size the image to a width of 400 pixels or less
- Reduce resolution to 72 dpi for the website
3. To avoid copyright infringement, photographs from other sources, including but not limited to other websites, publications, newspapers, etc., may not be posted to the College’s website.
4. Please verify and document copyright licenses. Do not assume that images appearing in College literature are available without copyright restrictions.
5. A release form should be completed and signed by all those appearing in a photo to be used in a College publication or on the website. The “Model Release Form” may be requested from the Office of Public Information. Completed release forms should be filed in the department for which the photographs were taken.
6. Videos prepared for the NEC website should be secured in a manner similar to photographs in that they must be taken and produced by qualified professionals.
7. YouTube videos may not be posted on the NEC website.
Please contact the Office of Public Information with any questions concerning this policy.