Education | Masters
- Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- School Principal (M.Ed., CAGS, or PRN)
- School Superintendent (CAGS)
- Teacher Certification
New England College is renowned for its top-quality education department and award-winning online programs. As part of the department’s ongoing evolution, the Master of Education and Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study is offered to develop teacher leadership. Graduate students and NEC faculty work as a learning community to address real-world issues of teachers and schools.
We believe in the potential of our students to make meaningful and original contributions to their field as they earn their advanced graduate degrees. Our professors develop personalized, engaging learning opportunities that will challenge, inspire and prepare you to become the change you want to see.
You will work closely with other experienced educators through our Cohort-based programs. Our students tell us that they learn as much from each other as they do from us! We like it that way. The peer support you will both give and receive will turn into personal and professional relationships that will last a lifetime.
We are excited for you to join our NEC family. Whether you take courses on campus in lovely Henniker, NH, at your own school with colleagues from your school, district or region, or on-line from anywhere in the world, we will do our best to make sure you have the same personalized, inspiring, high-quality learning experience.
If you have any questions we would welcome the opportunity to talk with you directly to tell you more about why we believe so strongly that you should join us, as you take this next, most important step, in your education.
- Courses are taught by practitioner faculty with outstanding professional experience and engaging and effective pedagogical skills.
- Enjoy working collaboratively and learning from peers.
- Improve written communication skills and gain competence as a writer.
- Learn to use new instructional and learning technologies in the classroom.
- Gain confidence gathering, analyzing, and using data.
- Develop leadership skills and the ability to design and implement effective, participatory educational reform processes
- Develop a sense of optimism about the power of teachers, students, schools, and communities to tackle and solve challenging educational problems
- Choose a concentration that fits your interests and aspirations within the Master of Education program.
- Investigate problems of practice within school settings, analyze and develop leadership skills to improve the quality of organizations as you earn your principal or superintendent certification.