The Disability Services Office is committed to providing equal access to all programs and activities so that New England College students can become independent and successful learners.
The Disability Services Office works in partnership with NEC students, faculty, and staff to find ways to overcome barriers that may be keeping students from full participation in the social and academic life of the College. The Goals of the Disability Services Office are to:
• help students develop the skills and strategies they will need
to advocate for themselves in the years ahead;
• help students to learn to think strategically about how to use
their strengths to compensate for their challenges;
• provide timely and equitable accommodations and services;
• promote awareness of services, accommodations, and
disability laws to students, families, and the NEC community;
• keep current regarding trends and issues related
• teach students to use the NEC resources available to them,
and how to interact with outside agencies as needed;
• assist students in learning to use adaptive technology,
computer software such as MyNEC, Blackboard, and the other
technical resources of the College;
• provide development and information to NEC faculty and staff;
• endeavor to find a balance between protecting students' privacy
while maintaining necessary interaction and support;
• assist all college departments in complying with federal and
state regulations pertaining to persons with disabilities.
We have set these goals with the hope that students will learn to meet and exceed all the objectives and policies of the College. We cannot guarantee that all students will be successful, but we can reach out to students who are ready to pursue academic success. Hopefully, once the barriers are removed, the student's innate abilities will allow him/her to compete on an equal footing with their classmates. It is our most basic belief that every student can develop and grow if they are willing to participate as equal partners in the discovery process.
Roll your mouse over the "Disability Services" page titles below!
Disability Services Office
Director of Disability Services & Campus Compliance Officer