Life @ NEC
Life at NEC is incredibly rich and fulfilling. In addition to the intellectual stretching and experiential learning that happens on a personal level, there is plenty to experience outside the classroom that makes life at NEC unique. Whether it’s exploring the outdoors, joining a sport or club, taking a field trip, or interacting with cool people on campus, there is more than enough to do.
Activities are added all the time and are regularly communicated throughout campus. We know that college is more than academics and we really enjoy making your NEC experience well rounded and memorable.
A Snapshot of Campus Life
- Numerous student-run organizations devoted to academics, business, diversity, civic engagement, leadership and much, much more.
- The New Englander, student newspaper
- WNEC 91.7 FM, student radio station
- Hiking in the White Mountains
- Free skiing/snowboarding at Pat’s Peak, just minutes away
- Adventure Bound: rock climbing, rafting, skiing, hiking and other outdoor team-building and leadership experiences
- 19 varsity sports and a ton of recreational athletic options
- Tortington Arms West Pub & Simon Center Cafe
- The Danforth Library