Grievance Process | New England College
Contact Us Calendar Campus Map
Accepted Students Parents and Families Alumni Students, Faculty & Staff

Grievance Process

If you have a concern about the specific accommodations you should be receiving, but are not, you may contact the Disability Services Office. At the time of notification, the Disability Services Coordinator will set up a conference with all the concerned parties to mediate a resolution. Any other questions about individual rights and responsibilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act may also be directed to the Disability Services Coordinator.

If the compliance officer is a party in the non-compliance complaint, the issue should then be directed to the Academic Standards Committee.

Criteria for Filing a Grievance

  1. Documentation of the disability is on file in the Disability Services Office
  2. Student has gone through the Needs Assessment process
  3. Copy of the Needs Assessment Form was given to the person providing the accommodation prior to the request for a conference
  4. An attempt has been made to work this issue out with the person providing the accommodation, but there was either no response or an inadequate response.

Please call or email if you have questions, or wish to set up a conference.

Once all the steps above have been followed, students may file a grievance. 
The steps are:

  1. Contact the Disability Services Office
    P: 603.428.2302
    F: 603.428.2433
  2. Meet to discuss the nature of the grievance;
  3. Talk to other named parties, and meet as a group if deemed necessary.  Set time frame for resolution.