Summer Institute for Educators
SUMMER INSTITUTE FOR EDUCATORS 2018
Monday, July 30 through Friday, August 3, 2018
New England College, Henniker, NH
The Summer Institute for Educators has been offered since 2001 and holds classes on the beautiful New England College campus in Henniker, New Hampshire. Educators learn from custom courses that are developed in response to real needs and goals of area schools and institutions. Participants earn accreditation-required contact hours, graduate program credits, and expertise on innovative tools, technologies, and methods that enhance teaching effectiveness and improve student learning. In addition to the courses for credit, NEC is offering Professional Development Workshops.
Our courses change each year and are a reflection of what information is needed by teachers and educators in the field. We know educators want and need to stay fresh.”
Dr. Debra Nitschke-Shaw
Summer Institute for Educators Program Director
Examples of this year’s courses include:
- A Look at Trauma in the Classroom: Managing Student Behavior
- Creative Writing Through a World of Genres
- Diversity through Literacy
- Dynamics of Educational Reform and Systems Change
- Mindfulness and Effective Communications: Listening to Understand
- Readers Workshop
- Research Practicum I
- Using Primary Sources as the Base for Developing Meaningful, Real-World Relevant Curriculum
- Voice and Choice for Engaged and Active Learners
Instructors at the Summer Institute for Educators bring a wealth of knowledge into the classroom. In addition to rich experience from years of working with a variety of students in a wide range of educational settings, these practitioners provide academic depth that comes from their own advanced training and pursuit of masters and doctorate degrees.
In addition to the courses for credit, NEC is offering Professional Development Workshops costing $25 for a half-day session and $50 for a full day workshop.
Examples of this year’s Professional Development Workshops include:
- Creating Trauma-Sensitive Schools: An Introduction
- LGBTQIA+ Allyship Daylong Institute
- Supporting All Learners with Trauma-sensitive Strategies
- Demystifying Assessment: Building a Better Culture
- Vicarious Trauma Workshop
For registration information, or to be included in the Summer Institute for Educators’ mailing list, please contact Kaitlyn Coe in the Education Division, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 603.428.2340.