Alert Message to NEC Community: Due to the COVID-19 virus, starting March 18, 2020 the Information Technology Help Desk will only be available via email at email@example.com. If you need assistance please email. Phone calls will not be responded to. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Trouble Logging in? (for new or current MyNEC users)
There may be a number of reasons you are having difficulty logging in to MyNEC. Please review the tips below to troubleshoot your access issue.
- Your User ID# is your Student/Employee ID#, not your first initial and last name.
- Students ID#’s usually begin with either UA, UG, or GR.
- Make sure to capitalize the letters in your User ID.
- The remainder of the ID# are numbers so make sure to use 0’s not O’s
- Make sure Caps Lock is OFF
- Clear your browser cache or try a different browser.
Current users who have forgotten their MyNEC PIN.
Enter your User ID# in and click “Forgot Pin.” You will be prompted to answer your security questions and you will be able to reset your PIN.
If you are still not able to access MyNEC, please contact the appropriate office below for assistance.
- If you are a newly accepted undergraduate student: Contact the New England College office of Admissions by phone 603.428.2223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a newly accepted graduate/online student: Contact email@example.com
- If you are a current/returning student: Contact the New England College registrar’s office by phone 603.428.2203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a current New England College Employee: Contact the New England College registrar’s office by phone 603.428.2203 or email email@example.com
Offices at New England College are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (EST)
Blackboard Password Issues
Your Blackboard user name and password is the same information you use for logging into to your New England College e-mail. If you are a new student (or faculty) you must log into your New England College e-mail account before you attempt to log into Blackboard. Your password is a temporary password and you are required to change it the first time you check your New England College e-mail. The temporary password will not work as a Blackboard password.
Do not use: @nec.edu at the end of your username to log into Blackboard. If you have logged into e-mail and changed your password and you still cannot access Blackboard please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the title “Cannot Log into Blackboard”
Other IT Issues & Tip Sheets
(Note MyNEC and Moodle support information above.)